Retrieval of Bill of Material records

pfd

Reputable Poster
I am trying to retrieve F3002 records for a parent item on a report. Now the components of the parent could have Bills of Material of their own and so on (kind of Multi-level BOM Inquiry).
This tree structure could go 6 or 7 levels deep. Is there a Business Function, that if I pass in the parent will retrive all the components down to the lowest level?
If that is too much to ask is there any business function which will simplify this task?

I do not want to ( if possible) have to
select, fetch next and so on till I reach the lowest level in the tree.

Thanks,
Matt

One World Xe, Update 7, SP23, AS/400 V5R3

Matt,

I'd recommend that you look at the R30460 UBE to see how JDE retrieves the BOM (multi-level) for reporting purposes. It involves calling several business functions. Now if only E.R. would support arrays and recursion :) Good luck!

Matt,

To my knowledge there is no business function to explode the BOM to the lowest level by passing a Parent KITL, from the first level of BOM you need to write the logic to check the stocking type and explode further on those stocking type which have its own BOM(X and M usually).
Have a look at P30200(Multiple Level BOM Inquiry) and R30460- BOM print for more details.

Regards,

Antony
E810|Win SQL2000|Win XP

Since you wish to have the BOM in a report, perhaps a document that I have made which provides the steps for printing any JDE Parent-Child record structure in an UBE might be helpful.

The document explains the table, view and code that will be needed to achieve the same. I have used this method successfully for printing the menu tree structure for any given starting menu using the F00821 table.

Regards,

Shailesh

Attachments

• 115202-JDE Parent-Child Record Output Method.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 462
Back