Requisition and Purchase Order Attachments

Tom S

I want to attach a word document form with travel expense reimbursement to a requisition (request for purchase order). I want to implement for both the web and fat client. The Fat client seems to like you to use OLE as an attachemnt and browse to the document. The URL/File browse does not seem to save the contents after you update the document. The Thin Client doesnt seem to work at all. I have no icons or menu drop downs to save the document as an order attachment.

I am trying to attach a request for travel advance expense reimbursment that the end user completes. Ultimately sould end up getting a cash advance or ACH to their bank account.

Questions:

1) Has anyone been able to get files as order attachemnts to work smoothly in XE update 8 SP23
2) Will the attachment stay with the requisition through the approval process and to the Purchase order (OP). Each approval will need to be printed or save a copy.
3) Any recommendations to implement a travel expense reimbursement system through JDE?

Thanks for your input.

Tom S

Sorry to bump, I wont do it again, but I could really use some help here. Peoplesoft support has put me off for 2 weeks already and I cannot find a document any place that gives direction on attaching a word document via the Web Client.

Thanks
Tom

Solved my own issue. I hacked away at it until it worked.
cool.gif

1) Create a new QUEUE using the P98MOQUE application. this directs the fat client applications to a specific directory to place the OLE attachment .STG files. Specify a UNC that points to a network share on the WebServer like \\JASSERVER\SHARE1 which points to the X:\SHARE1 directory.
The default OLE queue pointed to a share on our deployment server.

2) Users must select this QUEUE name when attaching the Word document as an OLE

3) Change the JAS.INI setting for MOQUEUE to X:\SHARE1. Which points the WEB CLient to the same directory.

Now both the Fat-client and the Thin-client attachments will be placed in the same network location and can be accessed by either.

I placed the share directory for the .STG files on the Web Server because of our cross platform authentication issues with shares. Theoretically you could create an IFS share on the AS400 and store your attachments there. That is what I wanted to do.

-Tom

Back