Request for information regarding the JC and using multiple levels of detail

kmk

Currently at my company we use the JC module and only use one level of detail (The Project and the Jobs related to that project). We are interested in setting up two more layers of jobs to allow more detailed project management, more controls and more reporting functionality. We are not sure how to go about setting up more layers and are debating the use of level of detail or using category codes? I am looking for more information then just the JDE manuals. Do you have any examples or advice? We are on OneWorld Xe.

Dear kmk,
I don't think that the BU level of detail will be much use to you. It does not help with reporting, only with the online display of Job numbers.
Definitely you should consider using category codes if you have an important reporting requirement.
If you have only a two-tier hierarchy then the 'Project' number can be used. This is good because the Job Status Inquiry can use the Project Number.
As a last resort you can use the 'Date Effective Organisation Structure' feature. But, honestly, I do a lot of JC implementations and I have never recommended this feature.

Back