Report works locally, but not on server.

karenet

[crazy] Hi.
I have a report UBE, promoted into the production environment months ago, that has a version not working correctly. The UBE has some 20 or so versions attached to it. When I run the report on the production server, I receive the same results as the end user which is why the end user complained about the report not working correctly. But when I drop the UBE and version objects to my local workstation, the UBE works as it should. What is happening is the server version is producing 250 extra pages of print. The same program object and version, when ran locally, is producing 19 pages of print (the correct page count). Same data, processing options, and data selection.

We have built a full package recently, and I have done a package build on the program, version, proc option template. Any thoughts on why the same report UBE and version are working locally but not on the server ---->> even after a package build to the server? Thanks in advance.

AS400, XE, SP18, update 6 in DV.

Hi Karen.

There is a good chance that the business view for you report has also been changed locally, but not included in the server update package.

If that is not the case, then I would suggest looking at the Data Selection criteria.

Good luck.
Joseph

Back