relieving commitments in Work order

aditya999

I have a Query on how to Releive wrongly made commitments.

I have created an work order for Parent Item with 1 qty , with a Child qty 1.
My Component is located in Secondary Location WC1 with stock 100, and primary Location has stock 100.

Now when Work order was created with Hard Committment, by default Primary Location was committed.
But Actual issue occured from Secondary Location WC1. Now I want to releive the Commitment made in Primary Location.

To Relieve Commitment, I ran R3190- Repost Open Work Orders, My Work Order status is 40, so in Processing options for R3190
I changed status 45, so that all work orders with status less than 45 wil be reposted. My data Selection was ' BC item Number is equal to 'short Item No'.But no PDF was generated.

Plz. suggest how to releive Commitments for this Work Oder.

Regards,
Aditya

Hi Aditya,

R3190 runs in a simple logic: Relieve all commitments (according to data se lection), then recommit (according to part lists).

When you ran R3190, it did same.

Solution:
Pls enter part list of the WO, and change the location manually from Primar y to WC1.
It will automatically relieve and recommit the inventory.

And then pls check the inventory via P41202 (Stock summary). If you still s ee that it's committed on primary, then run R3190. OK?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:07:20 -0500
To: [email protected]
Subject: relieving commitments in Work order

I have a Query on how to Releive wrongly made commitments.

I have created an work order for Parent Item with 1 qty , with a Child qty 1.
My Component is located in Secondary Location WC1 with stock 100, and prima ry Location has stock 100.

Now when Work order was created with Hard Committment, by default Primary L ocation was committed.
But Actual issue occured from Secondary Location WC1. Now I want to releive the Commitment made in Primary Location.

To Relieve Commitment, I ran R3190- Repost Open Work Orders, My Work Order status is 40, so in Processing options for R3190
I changed status 45, so that all work orders with status less than 45 wil b e reposted. My data Selection was ' BC item Number is equal to 'short Item No'.But no PDF was generated.

Plz. suggest how to releive Commitments for this Work Oder.

Regards,
Aditya

Re: RE: relieving commitments in Work order

Thanks Ali Kara,

I changed the Location, and commitment was relieved from one location and transferred to other, but not Removed.

After WO was Made:
Item Availabilty
Availabilty
P : 100
Wc-1 : 99
(Secondary Loc).

Committment
P 3
WC-1 0
Issue was Made from WC-1, after Issue

Availability
P 100
WC-1 98

Commitment
P 3
WC-1 0

After going to WO Part List, and changing Location

Availabilty

P : 100
WC-1 : 98

Commitment

P : 2
WC-1 : 1

The Commitment got Transfered to WC-1, But should it not get removed, i.e. Commitment Should be 2 quantites instead of 3 & commitment from WC-1 should be ZERO.

I completed the WO, work Order has Status 95,
I also run R3190 after this.

Have I missed something ??

Regards,
Aditya

Aditya,

I'm confused a bit after your scenerio =3D)

Am I wrong?:
You issued 1 unit from WC1,
then changed locations, and saw that it's still committed.

Users generally commit, then issue. But you issued 1 unit, and then changed the location (committed 3 units). The system understand that you would lik e to commit 3 units after 1 unit-issue.

My recommendation:
Pls reverse your issue transaction, then check your part list (be sure that locations are correct). Then run R3190.

Don't forget to check processing options of R3190 before running. Cuz there is status control there. Your status is 95 (probably means you cannot chan ge anything on WO).

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:36:50 -0500To: [email protected]rom : [email protected]ubject: Re: RE: relieving commitments in Work ord erThanks Ali Kara,I changed the Location, and commitment was relieved from one location and transferred to other, but not Removed.After WO was Made:It em AvailabiltyAvailabilty P : 100 Wc-1 : 99(Secondary Loc).CommittmentP 3 W C-1 0Issue was Made from WC-1, after IssueAvailability P 100 WC-1 98Commitm entP 3WC-1 0After going to WO Part List, and changing LocationAvailabilty P : 100 WC-1 : 98 CommitmentP : 2WC-1 : 1The Commitment got Transfered to WC -1, But should it not get remove! d, i.e. Commitment Should be 2 quantites instead of 3 & commitment from WC-1 should be ZERO.I completed the WO, work Order has Status 95,I also run R3190 after this.Have I missed something ?? Regards,Aditya

Re: RE: relieving commitments in Work order

Hi Ali Kara

Thanks a lot, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Regards
Aditya

Back