Regarding Key Field in Table

raj12345

Hi All,

There is one key field in any table...lets take example F4211, key field is DOCO....suppose i want to change the key field for table. what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance
--

Regards
Raj
JD Edwards Technical Consultant
E1 8.11, Worldsoft A7.3, IBM AS/400
Email: [email protected]
GSM +91 -9967813623
Mumbai, Maharashtra

The F4211 has 3 key fields: KCOO, DOCO, and DCTO. As far as changing key fields for standard tables all I can thing is "Why?" and "Are you crazy?". There is no procedure for changing the primary key on standard JDE tables.

As jdeAdmin_J4JDE pointed out your post is a little ambiguous.

If you want to change the primary key definition, or any other pristine index, on a pristine table like the F4211 (btw Scott, you forgot LNID), then Scott is right, there is not a defined procedure. Sure, you can go in the table design aid and change the primary key to what ever you want, and then you can start looking for your next job and hope they don't check references.

If you want to change the primary key on a custom table you can simply change it in the table design aid. If there is a lot of custom code that uses this table you will be busy retrofitting existing code or if you didn't think through ALL the ramifiations of your change, you will be busy looking for another job.

If want to change a key value for a record, then this is effectively a delete of the original record and an insert of a new record and should probably be coded as such. Or, you could probably do a table update I/O as long as your update would not result in any key violations. Something that is effectively like the following would probably work:

update F4211 set sddcto = 'S1' where sddcto = 'S2'

Hi Raj,

We still wait your clarification:
Q1.) Do you want to change the specification of the index in Table Design Aid or value in a (primary?) key field?
Q2.) In a vanilla table or in a custom one?
...etc. please, describe us your scenario/requirement a bit detailed.

Spec Change had been answered for you.
Changing the value - my addition:
You should change the value in or related table and all references in other tables - unless you will have sever integrity issue and/or other trouble (maybe with your job).

Waiting your clarification & Regards,

Zoltán

sorry guys...

Its custom table not standard table. Custom table is typical for all of you to understand, so i gave the example of Standard table.

can anyone tell, how many key fields one table can contain?

one more question i have..?

in simple join we can use maximum 5 tables, but for left outer join and right outer join we can use maximum 3 tables.

Anyone can tell whats the reason behind this? can we use maximum 5 tables for Left outer join and right outer join?

Regards
Raj
JD Edwards Technical Consultant
E1 8.11, Worldsoft A7.3, IBM AS/400
Email: [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom