Reg: Design of intercative and reports

Mpeter

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I am new to JDE technical . I need to develop a program(Interactive application)
Which is described below -

I need to develop an Interactive application – ( Sub file) with Fold Areas.

Can I generate the following Interactive program( Over all structure) with all the functionalities as how a standard JDE Interactive application using the Program generator or do I need to code the things manually?

The requirement is like –

Header:

Action _ Valid Values - I,A,D,C - Standard JDE options)
Customer Number : ______ ( When Pressed F1 here it should popup all the AN8)
Order Type :_______(When pressed F1 ,UDC needs to be popped up)
Order Date ( From) :_______( Calendar should pop up)
Order Date (thru) :_______ ( Calendar should pop up)

Detail portion:

Order Number Company Quantity Price Extended price

____________ ________ _______ _______ ____________
Order date ________ Ship date ________ ( when pressed F4)

F1-Help F3-Exit F4- Fold Area to dates F12-Cancel F24-More Keys

I tried creating the program above manually and was successful till AS/400 part like Inquiry, Delete, Change and Addition but held up with the Fold area part and Help and Error Displaying screen( when pressed F7)

I tried studying the existing standard JDE programs but I could not get the exact logic.
I referred the manuals of A7.3 and got to see that we can generate the programs
Using the Program generator as specified in the A7.3 Manual.

In case if I generate the Interactive application using Program generator I guess it will generate only the structure and we need to place our code in between to meet the requirement.

As I am new to JDE technical front of the Designing the Interactive applications can any one suggest me how to accomplish the above part of it.

Can any one please help me? Please forgive me if I am asking too simple or too complicated part of technical questions.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your prompt response.
Since the requiremnt is similar to p4112, i can refer to it. But can i generate the same using Program generator which wll generate the structure of the required program(According to the Manuals) and hence we code the actual logic and place it in an appropriate position.

Thanks
Mark Peter
A7.3 Cum12.

Back