Refresh PY with data from PD

You are probably done with this already, but here is my suggestion:

I've done both methods "backup and restore" and ran the R98403 .... I prefer to run the R98403 because I feel it is safer. However, if you have SQL knowledge, you can setup a job to backup and restore and rename the owners for you like mentioned. I use to use a SQL job nightly so one environment was always only a day old data to use for testing. It was fast too (instead of 3 hrs, took 30 min to run). However, if SQL isn't your skill, then definately go with the R98403 . It's easy to run. JDE version 21 for business data and JDE version 22 for control tables. You can put specific tables in the data selection of the 21 to only refresh specific tables. I've done that before when testing issues and it works nice.

1. I suggest you refrain from refreshing PY business data restoring the PD. The reason is that ALL your modifications done to tables and SQL views in PY BUT NOT PROMOTED to PD yet, will "disappear". Ignore my suggestion if you have NO modified table or SQL view.
2. There is another way to refresh your business data using SQL; identify the tables with records, identify tables that exist in both PY & PD, then write statements such as truncate jde_crp.crpdta.table_x, insert into jde_crp.crpdta.table_x from jde_production.proddta.table_x ... etc.
3. You split the couple of hundreds statements in batches (based on the number of records), and you launch them in separate query forms, running them in parallell. It decreased our refresh time from over ten hours to maybe two and a half.
You give this SQLs a couple of hours of development, but you'll reuse them so many times it's worth doing it.
PS I did that in a spreadsheet, the first column is the table, the next being the DB with the Owner, some concatenation ...
Good luck.

M,

You might review Oracle's Document:

E1: ENV: How To Create a Mirror / Clone Image of one Environment to Another (Non-AS400) (Doc ID 626143.1)

(db)

Back
Top Bottom