Reapplying an ESU after backing it out...

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

I have a situation where an ESU was applied, but we need to back it out, so that we can restore the original objects. We will then save the objects to the save location, and then reapply the ESU. I ave attempted this in the past, and it has not worked. I believe it has to do with the time/date stampts on objects, but I'm not positive. Can someone give me some insight on how to accomplish reapplying an ESU after it has been backed out.

Thanks.

I found my own answer, finally...

have been requested by another Peoplesoft consultant to reapply and esu. I reapplied it but the specs stayed the same (modified after esu). How do I force the specs from the esu to be applied?

SOLUTION:
To force the system merge these objects you have to do the following:
- Go to Software Update Application (GH9612) and select Electronic Software Updates (P96470 ZJDE0001);
- Select the ESU which has this issue and click Next;
- In the screen you have the backup selection, go to Row Menu and select "Affected Objects";
- From this new screen, on the left Tab with the Update Contents, select "Objects";
- Now from the Form Menu select "Advanced";
- And from the Row Menu select "Change Status"; NOTE: You can force ALL objects to merge, if you select under the Form Menu, option "Force Merge";
- Highlight and change status for all the objects which you have in the column "Install Status", the value of " 0" (Not Applied); this field is directly connected with the field "Object Install Flag" reported in R96701 report. When you change the status, the "install Status" field, will be flagged to "1" (Marked for Selection"); After that, still in GH9612, select the ESU, go next, select the environment, do not select Unattended Workbench nor backup boxes (because you have done the backup before for those objects), go next . The system will detects now that there are still objects to merge and prompt you to run Spec Merge again. Please run the Spec Merge report R98700 XJDE0002 for this ESU once more, and this time the system will pick up these objects which were flagged "Not Applied" and do the proper merge. If everything finish successfully, at the end of the install, in the next R96701 report launched automatically for this ESU, you will see ALL the objects flagged, for the "Object Install Flag" field, with a "2" (Applied).

WORKAROUND:
You can also apply the ESU to a different environment and then transfer this object to dv environment to redo the retorfitting.

You can also just go into the spec merge selection application and delete all the entries for the ESU on the path code you are dealing with.

Back