R42565 - specific version but with data selection

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We would like to lock down R42565 with actual versions so that the batch version screen does not appear. My problem is that we use data selection when using this program to print Acknowledgements and quotes. If I associate a version on the menu, the user dowes not have the ability to modify the data selection. Am i missing something or is it not possible to accomplish this without going through batch version selection. We had a user submit R42565/XJDE0001 and clobbered the database. Is there another way to secure versions from the BV screen?

Hi Tim,
I have no B7332 available, therefore will you be so kind to provide two screenshots:
- one showing the Version Detail, and
- the other showing your Menu Definition?

Adrian, we will be moving to Xe, SP20, Upd 6 within the next 30 days. If
you have solution in Xe, I'll take that. Thanks

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3, Create!form

Adrian, we will be moving to Xe, SP20, Upd 6 within the next 30 days. If you have solution in Xe, I'll take that. Thanks

In Xe, you can set up specific versions on a menu and specify that data selection is allowed. When the menu item is selected, a pop-up window provides a check box to invoke the data selection. If the box is checked, the data selection form appears and can be modified. The modified data selection is a one-time change only and affects only the current run of the application.

Tim, thanks alot for the info. I suppose this functionality is not available in B7332?

Back