R41610 Functionality Questions

Phil Auer

I have assumed JDE support responsibilities at a site and will soon performing the stanadrd JDE physical inventory tasks.
I am reading notes left by the previous IT analyst and comparing it to documentation available from Oracle.
Both indicate that R41606 must be run to populate the F4141 table with an inventory snapshot before R41610 is run because if, when the tags are rolled, a corresponding snapshot record in the F4141 table cannot be located for a record in the F4160 table, the tag status will be set to 'RL' and the inventory will not be updated.
Is the the case?
The user responsible for performing the physical inventory procedures in the past claims he has never run R41606 and that the tags rolled correctly.
Oracle support has not been able to answer my questions so far.

We do run R41606 to copy f41021 to F4141 for items with qty on hand <>0. Then we run R41607 to generate tags. Once the tags are entered we run R41610 to update G/L and Cardex/Inventory.
One thing I am interested in knowing is how you handle parts that have a qty on hand in F4141 but that you did not count(no F4160 record). Do you manually create a tag for those parts to indicate that counted qty is ZERO?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

The documentation indicates that if you have a quantity on hand in the F4141 and you determine that the parts do not actually exist, you must enter a zero count tag.

One question: Did you explicitly put selection criteria in R41606 to exclude non-zero inventory locations? We would like to have the zero inventory records to generate a variance report.

Thanks,
Phil

Back