R3190

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi LIsts,
Does anyone has ideas how R3190 works and when this batch program should be used ? Thanks for any inputs !
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe ERP8, SP21

The Work Order Repost (aka "Repost Open Quantities") program is used to reset Work Order Commitment data in the F41021 Table. Primarily this works out what raw materials should be committed to WO Parts Lists and also calculates what Finished Goods are due in from WO Completions.

The program works by wiping out all such data and then recalculating it from scratch. I believe the Shop Floor Manual does contain an adequate explanation of its function as well as calculations used.

In theory such a program shouldn't be necessary as manipulations of Work Order Quantities should update the Inventory Commitments. However, there are exceptions to the rule. For example, I think setting the WO status to 99 might have no effect therfore R3190 can synchronise Inventory expectations to Shop Floor realities.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the explaination. In fact, I am trying find the way out if backorder quantity committed to primary location can be released to recommitted once the shortage quantity are available.
We are in lot control situation and issue materials partially is pretty usual happened. To avaid manual key in the lots available, try to use R3190 to "reflesh" the material commitment to WO. However, it seems can not work what I assumed.
Did I miss some point or you have better ideas for sharing ? Thanks again for help !
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe ERP8, SP21

Back