R3190 and performance

boukzelissen

Hi all,

In the scheduler we run R3190 every night. At the moment it takes more than 120 minutes to finish the job. A few months ago it was "just" 90 minutes. Does anybody has a clue about the reason why it takes so long and longer and how we can resolve this? I checked the event rules and possible data selection and processing options, but I didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

Bouk Zelissen

Did you look at the NER that get called by this job? It does a ton of table I/O on the F3111, F4801, and F41021 tables. It's really inherent in the design of the repost job. The time required for this job to run will always be dependent on the number of open work orders and the number of inventory locations you are processing. I've also found that performance is particularly slow when the job is run with no data selection. I've often set this up to run multiple versions by branch plant so that each individual job is shorter.

I have a wish list of changes to this job that I'd like to see, foremost of which is additional data selection criteria to be able to run the job only on certain items or work orders precisely because of these performance issues.

Thanks for your reply joel. I will try your sugestions and let you know the results.

regards,
Bouk

Back