R30837

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
I may ask this before but still confusing about how R30837 (WIP reevaluation) works ? I have read the document and white paper but don't make it clear. We run with only one item frozen (R30835) which activates R30837 however it takes 30 minutes. I disconnect the link to R30837 and it takes only few seconds.

I know there is no data selection for R30837 and paper said the items it covered follow the data selection of program called it (in this case R30835). But why only one item can take so long to freeze the cost ? (I have created 3 new items A, B and C from item master, B/P, BOM, Routing...etc to test, it still takes about 30 minutes to run).

Have also cleaned all F4105.CCFL to blank but still the same. Do I miss something ? The white paper provides the example mentioned the changes of WIP like the old WIP is 50 and the new WIP is 100.....etc. I still don't see what's the logic behind to count WIP. Can issue the materials and then run R31802A to get the old WIP, and complete the WO and run R31802A again to get the new WIP ?

I really doubt I missed the point and would someone can share the lights ? Thanks !

Regards,
John Hsiao, E1 9.0

Just Curious does no one ever run this program ? Or ever try to understand what's its logic behind ?

Regards,
John Hsiao, 9.0/8.98

Hi,
This program to to revalue the work in progress amount in work order when i tems issued to work order has been changed the unit cost in F30026.=A0 So t he it brings up the work in progress value aline with=A0the inventory cost change.=A0 This will reduce the dramatic cost problem when the work order c ompletion under/over the value=A0versus inventory valuation change.
=A0
The logic is to compare the issued value to the new value (qty * new unit c ost) then generate a journal to a GL account (normally the WIP account and cost change revaluation depending on your DMAAI set up).
=A0
Hope this help.
=A0
Cheers,

Back