R099102 Repost and AWTD field in F0902

Jason01

I have an odd situation where I've determined that my AWTD (GBAWTD) field in the F0902 table is incorrect for a few accounts. All the period buckets are accurate, just the AWTD. When I run the F099102 in proof or update mode, nothing happens and it doesn't identify this account as an error. Is there any way for me to update the AWTD with the correct amount short of an sql statement?
I'm using standard period accounting, not 52-week periods.

According to JDE, PeopleSoft/Oracle, the AWTD field is only used for 52-week accounting. While most, if not all, regular transaction processes update this field, it is not updated when you repost. If you have a need to keep it up-to-date, you can add the fourteen monthly buckets to get the correct amount to populate it with. FYI: Buckets 13 and 14 are used for additional December closes.

Think twice before resorting to keeping it up-to-date with a manual SQL statement. You will be doing it the rest of your working life. It would be a pretty simple matter to write a UBE that users can run if they are using the field.

Thanks for the insight. However, it appears I mis-stated my problem originally because it also extends to the APYC and APYN fields. Since this is a balance sheet account, the problem rolls forward into later periods after the period where the error seems to have occurred. The system appears to use these fields on the Account Ledger Inquiry. I'm still trying to verify if the error has affected my financial statements.

Unfortunately, the R099102 doesn't see this problem with the prior year balances or prior year net posting and doesn't update it.

If you repost a prior year, you must reclose that year to get the correct amounts in the Prior Year Net (APYN) and Prior Year Cumulative (APYC) fields of a subsequent year.

Back