R 3483 Past Due Periods

alpat

R 3483 Past Due Periods in the Horizon Tab of the Processing Options.

Using a generation start date of today, sales orders with a due date of 10 days ago are ignored with above option set to various values 2 through 20.

Changing the start date to 11 days ago includes these orders.

Is my understanding of Past Due Periods correct in that these overdue sales orders should be included if they are due within the period defined by the value of the option?

Past Due Sales Orders should not be ignored in the Past Due Periods generated by R3483 in P3413. The valid values for this option is blank (0), "1" and "2". I am surprised with your efforts with "20". You cannot have 20 past dues periods.

If you are using Forecast Consumption Rule H then everything changes. Are you? With Planning Rule H and Forecast Consumption switched on in R3483 then you must use 2 Past Due Periods - one for the period from now back to the beginning of the Forecast Consumption Period, and the second one for ALL time before that.

If not using Forecast Consumption then, my understanding is that the first Past Due Bucket is a mirror of the first bucket after the Generation Start Date, ie, if your first period is one day then the first PDB is one day long into the past. The second PDB is ALL time before that...

Anyhow, none of this might solve your problem. You should see Past Due Sales Orders in the appropriate PDB in the "-SOU" row. There are so many variables with the Planning Rules that you may wish to give us more background information.... However, I am still not sure that you should see this problem under any circumstance. Let me go away and think about it!

Back