Quantity Break Pricing and Split Lines

aggieamy

We use quantity level break advanced pricing based on item and plant to price many of our sales orders. For example if a customer orders a quantity of 5000, 10000, or 15000 a price is applied for a specific item and plant. Any order quantity outside of those levels does not apply a price.

This works great until a sales order line is split and the line subsequently modified. Frequently we find that we can ship a portion of the customer's order, which splits the line, then ship the rest in a subsequent shipment. Initially the split line carries the correct price from the original line. However, if the split line is modified (date, quantity, etc), the reprice functionality called by the F4211 edit line recalculates the price based on the split line quantity and not on the total quantity for the item, plant, and order.

Our customer service reps are growing weary of constantly having to enter a manual price on the split lines. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making the advanced price from the original line "stick" to a split line no matter what modifications (quantity, date, etc.) are made to the split line? Or perhaps I have looked into this issue for far too long and there is an even more simple solution related to configuration of the price adjustments?

Thanks,
Amy

Just a thought, please check the value of P4210 processing option
Process-4 regarding automatic repricing. The version for order entry and
order editing should be different.

Guy Robert
Conseiller principal / Senior consultant
Syntax.Net
Cell: 514-609-9051
Fax: 514-733-0091
[email protected]

You could possibly have another version of order maintenance that does not reprice (processing option). It's messy and requires the CSR to use two different versions, but may solve the problem.

We actually do not even have automatic order repricing turned on through the processing options. That was the first thing that I checked!
frown.gif

Check R42995, which calls R42950. R42950 runs a update costs and prices on sales orders. This might be doing the auto change on prices.

Srinivasa Krishna
IT Director
Encompass Lighting
E810 SQL/NT

FYI, the R42950 logic to price based on order quantity instead of split quantity doesn't work. Running 9.2

Just turn on the flag PROV in F4211 as 1 and the price wont change
Using 9.2, is there a simple solution for this available, now?
I could not find a setup or processing option in P4210.

Turning PROV to "1" is possible, but can this be done automatically at a certain order status or when editing orders, especially split positions?
I think if this must be set manually, there is a high probability that people will not always consider it.

Best regards

Back