Purge Configuration Files?

szmyd

szmyd

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever attempted to purge the configuration files F3294, F32941,a nd F32942? We have encountered a problem with completing work orders that seems to be related to the size of these files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, we have written a purge of the configurator files. What problems are you encountering?

We we receiving a file size limitation error on the F32942LA file. We increased it from 4GB to 1TB and this fixed the problem. However, we currently have over 59,000,000 records in our F32942 file and would love ro run a purge on this, but the last time I spoke with Oracle on this they advised against it.

Can I ask for some details on how your purged these files (which files, which records, time to purge, etc)? You can contact me offline if you would like: [email protected].

Thank you very much in advance.

We did not purge the files till we had well over 1,000,000,000 records on the F32942 file. I did not write the CFG purge program, but I wrote the others (SOP,PO,WO,GL,Item Ledger) And the SOP purge has to run before the CFG purge. I will have to look @ the program to see what all it does, will try to send you an e-mail next week.

Back