Purchase Order Messages in MRP

• Thread starter Ashish Dharmatti
  • Start date

Ashish Dharmatti

Hi Everybody

We are using lot for lot policy for our items with safety stock option in few When We run planning it generate messages as and when required I would like to know is there any method/way/means by which we can summarise messages for same item spread across specific period As in this case we have sum up all the messages and procure them .
THis is required as we follow following sequence of Purchase Order
1) Generating Requisition
2) Approving requisition
3) Generating Quote for multiple supplier
4) Placing Purchase Order to best possible Quote
Thanks in advance

Ashish

I am not sure of any standard way to summarise multiple messages once the messages are created, there is however a couple of ways to get less messages in the first place...

1. Try Periods of Supply rather than Lot for Lot

2. Change your Planning Horizon into Monthly or Weekly only - and you will get a message for each month or week. (Not quite sure of your ordering period)

Good Luck.

Hi, Ashish,

I think for this kind of items you can use Purchase Order Generator P43011.

Wish can help.

I tend toward Greg's solution of Periods of Supply for the purchased items, with the goal of getting fewer messages in the first place. Let MRP do the consolidation. However a word of warning... I have seem MRP get crossed up on occassion (could never pin down the exact circumstances), where it would overplan Period of Supply items slightly. If you go this way your planners should keep an eye out for the situation.

Another avenue to consider is validating and populating Quantity fields in the Item Branch record. By setting up Re-order quantity, Min / max / Multiple etc you can find the right balance between frequeny of OP document creation and the level of inventory the company is aiming for.This is especially true ina lot for lot environment.

Hi Ashish,

When the messages are generated after then when you try to process the message there is a processing option where you can consolidate all the quantity.

I feel try using that option that should help you in your problem.

Ashish do tell me how to post query to JDelist as I have registered but cant post any of mine query.

Thanks

Rajesh Gupta

Ashish Dharmatti <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Everybody

We are using lot for lot policy for our items with safety stock option in few When We run planning it generate messages as and when required I would like to know is there any method/way/means by which we can summarise messages for same item spread across specific period As in this case we have sum up all the messages and procure them .
2) Approving requisition
Thanks in advance

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

When the messages are generated after then when you try to process the message there is a processing option where you can consolidate all the quantity.

I feel try using that option that should help you in your problem.

Ashish do tell me how to post query to JDelist as I have registered but cant post any of mine query.

Thanks

Rajesh Gupta

Ashish Dharmatti <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Everybody

2) Approving requisition
Thanks in advance

Ashish

Back