Progress Billing

jejelb

Hello,

For a new business that we have just acquired, we need to ship completely the sales order when the goods are needed (delivery date) but need to invoice the Customer based on the installation done for those goods. For example, at the end of the first month after the delivery we may have installed 10% of the goods and want to invoice only 10% of the complete amout to bill. For month 2 we want an additional 20% to be invoiced...

It looks that there is no progres billing for Sales orders from a native perspective, has anyone already found a good work around ?

Thansk for your advice.
Jérôme

Hello,

Here we use the sales order application, but instead of creating SO (Sales Order), we use the UZ document type with is, by definition of the system, a Progressive Billing. We had to set a few AAI to make it work.

Good luck

Thanks GELR,

Nevertheless I'm still unclear how you've done the setup and how you are using it, can you give me some more detail ?
if you have a document which sumamrize it can you email it to me please (my email address is published)
I understand how to create UZ doc type but then i do not understand how those UZ invoices are progressively billed/paid...

Thanks
Jérôme

Hi there, I have the same requirement and would be interested to know how this works. Our issue is that our parts are directly shipped to the customer and relieves the cardex but nothing relieves the GL inventory, revenue or cost until order is shipped complete which means services are performed. We are implementing the service module right now and we will have a worse issue where it will relieve cardex and book costs to inventory GL and cost of sales GL but not the revenue side until ship complete.

Back