Proference 39 - Product Allocation - Branch

SL922

I have a business requirement to setup so system will default to the required Branch Plant for the Ship To Address in Sales Order.
I would like to use Preference Processing 39 for Product Allocation for Branch.
Attached is the screen print of the setup
I did the following:
1. Added 39 - Product Allocation (Branch) to P40070 Work with Preference Master
2. Added Custom Number and Item Number in Product Allocation (Branch) Profile Revisions with the required Branch Plant
3. Setup Preference Hierarchy Revision to select Ship To Custom Number and Item Number by entering 1 to Item Number and Custom Number
4. Setup R40400 Version with Process Ctl 4, Product Allocation (branch specific) with 1
5. Sales Order version setup to have required version in Preference Profile (R40400) and Preference Profile Processing with '1'
When I tested P4210 and entered Ship To number, system should have Branch Plant populated from the Preference Profile setup instead system highlighted Branch Plant as required field.
Please let me know if you see any missing setup or problem or have any experierence to share. Thanks in advance to share your expertise.

Attachments

• 173652-Preference 39 Product Allocation Branch SO 146945.doc
    199 KB · Views: 153
Hi there! I think the preference you should be using is "Inventory Commitment"

Product allocation preference kicks in after the detail branch has already been decided and the branch/plant in the preference setup is a criteria for the preference, not result of it (Product allocation preference is used to allocate how much of a certain item can be sold to the customer, regardless of the avilability)

The downside of inventory commitment preference is that it does not work with kits, non-stock lines and "W" line types (that trigger creation of work orders) but there is no other preference that let you decide the detail branch independently of the SO header branch

Hope this helps
/Aarto

Thanks for your reply.
We are using Inventory Commit Proference 06 which does not allow your specify Custom No.

Thanks for your reply, Inventory Commit Preference does not have Ship To available for setup so I do not think I can use it to meet my business requirement.

Hi there! Actually, Inventory commitment preference (basic preference, i am assuming you're on XE and cannot use advanced preferences) uses the preference hierarchy in same way as product allocation preference so you can set it up by ship-to/item number level or any other required level including ship-to, Sold-to or parent number/group
It's all controlled by your preference hierarchy

/Aarto

Thanks for your input. Yes, I was able to setup for the Sold To and Item combination for Preference 06.

Are you aware of anyway we can setup so if the item and Sold To Customer combination did not setup in Inventory Commitment Preference 06 F40306 P4210 will error out the sale order line?

Hello there,
What kind of MCU are you using on sales order header ?
When using inv commitment pref, you should set up your system to default your sales office as the header MCU.
This allows you to manage base prices at sales office level regardless of stocking MCU (depends on item sales price set up). Sales offices having no physical stock for items, if inventory pref is not resolved, then stock will be 0, the user will receive warning message and line will be backordered/canceled (depending on your set up).
Let me know if this can fit within your set up, there are a few other options we can investigate...

One more thing When setting up inventory commitment preference, the last branch/plant in the hierarchy should be one where your product is guaranteed to be found (item/branch record)
If the commitment goes through all branches and does not find any available stock, the commitment will be done against the last branch/plant on the list. If your item is not set up in that branch, it wll produce an "Item/branch not found" error

/Aarto

Back