Processing External Sales with Prepayments.

pfaloney

Well Known Member
Our commercial unit in Germany is currently migrating all but the Sales Processing for consumer products to our JDE 8.12 system. Due to volume and regulatory issues, they will be feeding the detail consumer sales information to the Sale Order Management (Corporate Sales will be done in JDE) for internal Sales/Invoice/AR processing. That part is not a problem due to the fact that we have a process already in place for uploading Sales Order information through the EDI Tables (F47011 and F47012).

The issue I am having is these these Sales Order are all prepaid and we do not want to process the PrePayment information separately (I was told that "E" Line Types do not get processed through Sales Update).

Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish everything Invoicing, and Sales Update?

This will be real important if we do our US Commercial unit this way since the volume is huge.

Update. I think we have found a partial solution.

We are thinking of setting up a new line type (i.e. E1) that will have the A/R Interface activated.

The only thing we have to figure out is how to have the line act like a cash receipt or a credit card receipt.

Any ideas?

Back