Process Manufacturing setup - Help

clmates

Reputable Poster
Hi to All.

We are using discrete manufacturing since 2003 with configurated and standard items. We use MRP also for standard items.

We have one low level process we had not implemented in our system and want to integrate now. It is Polystyrene lamination.

The manufacturing process is to pass a polystyrene block (or a set of stacked blocks) trough a machine that laminate this blocks using a set of heated wires that the operator adjust to the desired separations to define the lamination thickness. So in only one pass you can obtain several slices of different thickness.

I thin that this is more a process manufacturing than a discrete one, because in just only one process and with the same prime material you obtain several co-products (slices of different thickness).

I want to test this setup on our PY environment, but I have been reading the XE documentation and the few documents regarding processing manufacturing in the Oracle support site and miss some information.

So finally here are the questions:

1. What stocking type should I set up for:
1.1. The process Item.
1.2 The co products items.
(I tried both with R stocking type)

2. How I should define the process, ie the block is 120 mm height (112 useful because I must cut 4 mm always from top and low to be sure we obtain flat slices), but I can cut slices from 4 mm to 112 mm in steps of 1 mm (ie: 5 mm, 6mm, 7 mm, .... ,110mm, 111mm, 112mm). And we are in a make to sales order environment. I think to define as % making the most demanded slices a higher % and the rest as low as 0,x% to fill all probabilities up to 100%

3. how will MRP work with this, I have made a test and have seen that MRP set messages for all coproducts that had demand, but It also generated A messages saying they had no part list, so I think that I have missed some point ans they are co products defined inside a process called XPSCUT

3.1. Should MRP generate messages for all co producuts?
3.2. Should MRP generate only one work order for all this messages?, or will generate several Work orders?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for your help

Hi it´s my understanding that:

. What stocking type should I set up for:

1.1. The process Item. stocking type R
1.2 The co products items. stocking type that has M

Back