Process/Discrete Mfg.

Kumars

Hi list,

I am working a hybrid mfg environment where co-product of a process is a component of a discrete parent item. With this set-up, I am able to create work order through MPS for the discrete parent item. But, the demand is not descended down till the co-product. I am unable to get the work order for the process for producing the co-product (child of discrete parent).

Can anybody help me thorwing some light on it...

Thanks in advance,

How is your Co/By Product Planning Table setup (P3404/G3442)? Have you set the "Process" Processing Option in R3482?

You talk about creating a Work Order through MPS. Do you mean getting an "O" Order Message in the F3411? What is your source of demand? Forecast? Sales Order? Inter-Branch? Is this passing through the MPS to create a message for the Discrete Parent? Or did you create a WO for the Parent and Freeze it? If not then the MPS will just try and cancel the first WO.

I assume you have a Date Effective Bill of Material for this Discrete Parent which features a Component which is also a Co-Product from another Process? Does your Data Selection for the R3482 include the Process Item too? You should include the Process Item and all the Discrete Parents and Co-Products.

If everything works you should have a P3411 Order Message for the Process item NOT the Co-Product. It depends upon the setup of the Co/By Product Planning Table I first mentioned. If none of this makes sense then drop me a line and we'll talk. Good luck.

Mark,

You got that right. Effectivity date was not matching in Co/By Proudct Planning table (oops!!). Now, it's working.. Thanks..

For the List & Mark,

Now, I have one more problem with Proudct Costing. I understand that cost of co & by-product is arrived from Feat.Cost % in Process Definition (P3002P) and then Co/By-Product Planning Table. I have defined 1% in Feat Cost% and Resource% in Process Definition (P3002P) and 100% in Co/By-Product Table, for the By-Product. It is 100% for the Co-Product in both the table. I get cost of by-product 1% of the process as I expected. But I did not get the cost of co-proudct as I expected (100%). I could not get the logic how co-product is costed.
Got any ideas...

Thanks.

Well, 100% plus 1% is 101% and that is impossible.... So I assume that is not qute what you mean. At the last Operation the Cost Percents must add up to 100%. In previous Operations they do not have to.

This percentage consumes the Labour and Material at this or earlier Operations. If you have two Operations and Issue all of the Material and Book all the Labour to the first Operation and consume 100% of, say, a By-Product Cost at that first Op then it has consumed ALL of the cost leaving none for the second Operation. If that second Operation has no Labour or Material then any By-Product(s) produced from it will have no cost.

Does this help you?

I am not sure how the Feature Cost % in the Co/By-Product Planning Table works by the way. I think it is a red-herring and you should ignore it. Maybe someone could comment on how that is supposed to work? I assume your setup is fine there. The Resource % will have no effect upon Product Cost.

Let us know more about the setup of your Route and its Labour/Material requirements. The clue may be there. It is the only element missing from your explanation. Also check the Processing Options of R30812 for "Process" options not on.

Back