Process costing

Francois

In process manufacturing, when running the cost simulation R30812, the cost components are calculated for my process item and then should be distributed back to my co-products. It is working fine for all cost components except for the A1 where it is doing nothing. It used to work and now it does'nt anymore. Has anyone ever seen this type of problem ? Is there a special parameter I am missing ? Could this be a technical bug ?

Although I have never seen this problem, it might be caused by the lines in the partslist not being correctly connected to the lines in the routing (operation sequence nr. in partslist/BOM). The system is then not able to tell to when ingredients are being added and whether they should be address completely or partly to a specific co-product.

Hope that this helps.

Saskia

Re: RE: Process costing

I tried looking at that particular point. Everything is okay for the operation sequence number. The program calculates A1 cost correctly for the parent process. I believe this is more a data problem than a technical problem.

A quick clarification, is this problem occurring on all processes that were previously costing correctly, or is it only occurring on one particular process?

Good point. This problem seems to be occurring only on new processes that we are creating. Old processes that were calculated correctly give good results when doing cost rolls on them again.

Ok. Things I would check:
Make sure the process item is actually stocking type 'R'
wink.gif

Make sure the co/by products stocking type is a manufactured code.
What is the resource percentage for the co/by products, is it correct?
Yield on the routing step that the co/by products are produced?
Are the co/by products produced by any other process and if so, has the co/by products planning table been populated properly?

What you're describing is a bit unusual. The normal reason for A1 costs not appearing is from either incorrect data selection or incorrect processing options on the cost rollup program. But this would cause issues with both the cost of the process and the end products.

Hi,
The reaon for not populating A1 cost si go to the BOM and
1) against the ingedients check the date range which you have defined. If the date ranges you defined and it doenst fall in the date on which you are running the program the the material cost will not be populated.

2) In the BOm against the ingredients check the cost % if it is zero then also the material cost will not be populated.
Hence make the above two things in sink. I hope this shouls solve your problem.

Thanks

Rajesh Gupta

rcodlin <[email protected]> wrote:
Are the co/by products produced by any other process and if so, has the co/by products planning table been populated properly?

What you're describing is a bit unusual. The normal reason for A1 costs not appearing is from either incorrect data selection or incorrect processing options on the cost rollup program. But this would cause issues with both the cost of the process and the end products.

Hi,
The reaon for not populating A1 cost si go to the BOM and
1) against the ingedients check the date range which you have defined. If the date ranges you defined and it doenst fall in the date on which you are running the program the the material cost will not be populated.

2) In the BOm against the ingredients check the cost % if it is zero then also the material cost will not be populated.
Hence make the above two things in sink. I hope this shouls solve your problem.

Thanks

Rajesh Gupta

rcodlin <[email protected]> wrote:

I have found that someone changed the 2nd description field in stocking type UDC 41/I for M (manufactured item/sub-assembly). The value was changed from M to P. By putting the value back to M, I was no longer able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for all your help !

Hello All,

We are facing similar problem with R30812. I checked the UDC. It is OK.

The problem is :
We have two branch Plants. When I Roll Items from say plant A, I get correct results. But If I roll another Item from Plant B, I get incorrect results. Till recently everything was working OK.

And another thing, If I use the single level option and roll up the entire BoM from bottom Level to top (all the components in Bottom Level first and then level above that and so on), I get correct result.

Please help

rao

Back