Problems with Item Availability x Work Order Hard Commit

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I have a serious problem here with some itens availability.
We control itens using local and lot number, but we use lot number only to separate itens manufactured in diferent months like "200701", "200702".
Everytime, the sales person prints a pick slip for a certain quantity of a item and the system makes a Hard Commit of theses quantities. This is normal, but sometimes the item is not shipped in the same day and it can stay waiting for several days.
The problem is that our warehouse is full and for many reasons the item that has these hard commit status have disponibility in another local of the warehouse, but it is very dificulty to take it from these other local to ship to another client for logistical reasons. Cause of that, if they sell these same item for another client, they need to take it from these hard commited local and transfer these hard commited quantity to that another local that has quantity available.
Anyone knows a way, or has some trick, to change these hard commited quantity from a local to another one, without cancelling the pick slip? Remember that is not so simple, cause sometimes it needs to transfer half to a local and half to another local.
It is gaving me a lot of trouble here, cause the users are forcing the transfer and my disponibility is not trustable cause the system is lefting hard commited quantities negative in the local/lot that my users are forcing the transaction.

Back