Printing to Multiple Printer Drawers

csalmi

Has anyone ever sent a One World report to several drawers? My situation is that I need to print a PO, and I need to print several copies for distribution. I would like to send one job what will send part to drawer 1, another part to drawer 2, and so on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Salmi
Anne Arundel County Gov't
One World Xe Service Pack 171
AS/400

I nearly certain that the only way to get this to work in OW is to use one of the output partners, such as Create!Form, Formscape, Optio, etc.

Chris,

If you want to print to multiple drawers in the same print job (for instance, to print a packet of documents with pages coming from multiple trays) then I would agree that the output management solutions like FormScape and Optio are the way to go. I work with FormScape and a print job can be split across multiple printers and trays on those printers.

If what you want is tray control for specific reports then you may be able to accomplish what you want by defining multiple logical printers on the AS/400 each with a different tray reference. Each logical printer would be configured for a particular tray. In Unix and NT this is definitely possible but I have not tried it on the AS/400. The CHGPRTF command does let you reference a bin (tray) but I have never tried it.

Regards,

Back