Print Immediate automatically

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I have a requirement, Actually one of my user needs to print Immendiate automatically for one report/version only.

what I know is in

1] jde.ini I have to give
[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS] section
PrintImmediate=TRUE

but thing is this will be True for all the reports , not single report i.e all the reports will Print Immediately, but my requirement is OW should do Print Immediate only 1 report.

2] Second way is Manually from BV-Print options-Tick mark PRINT IMMEDIATE, but users req. is he doesn’t want this manual steps, automatically it should print Immediate.
We are in JDE XE SP23 on IBM AIX/ Oracle 10
Please suggest.

Thanks.

Thanks, Could you please provide me any solution/option apart from using the 3rd party tools.

Thanks in Advance.

You can create a custom C BSFN to execute the UBE. Within that function, you can specify the print immediate option.

Of course, the results you're looking for would only be obtained when executing this BSFN from a row exit or similar event.

Well, obviously we would, if there was such functionality in JDE, but there isn't. So your alternative is to develop something yourself...

here is our options:
-setup a dummy printer name "DO NOT PRINT"
-Use P98616 default, USER=*PUBLIC, REPORT=*ALL, VERSION=*ALL, ENVIRONMENT=*ALL, using printer "DO NOT PRINT"
-for such UBE/Version you need to print immediately, 2 choices: a)use P98616 b)create a new version, use version override to specify the printer you want to send to

I'm not sure what your version or setup is, but we have a [PRINTIMMEDIATE] section in our jas.ini with an entry for a user, and the report we want to print immeditate. Example:
[PRINTIMMEDIATE]
JOEBLOW=R0010P

This allows that one report to default to print immediate for that user. I'm not sure if you can specify version or not. We are on 8.12 with OAS.

Dave

Back