Print from Scheduler

Gopal_Kistasami

For those that are interested...
I have successfully printed reports from the Job Scheduler. You need to make 2 changes as follows:
1) Change the UBE version in OMW to define a printer in Printer Setup
2) Include line PrintImmediate=TRUE in the ES JDE.INI file in [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS].

This will not affect UBEs submitted from the client w/s.

Regards,

Gopal
OWxe SP14.2 U1, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0, Solaris 7

Gopal Kistasami
Smiths Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 181
Pinetown
South Africa

Phone: 27-31-7194141
Cell Phone: 27 82 902 1684
E'mail: [email protected]

Gopal

I will appreciate if you can elaborate further on step 1 in your post. What do you mean by define a printer in Printer setup in OMW.

Dalip

Hi Dalip,

I logged into OMW, checked out the object and version I want to modify into a project. Clicked on Design, clicked Tools, clicked Report Design, clicked Report and then Print Setup. I then added a printer in Printer Name. Saved and Exit out of Report Design. Checked this version in and then ran this UBE via Scheduler. Regards, Gopal.

GopalI will appreciate if you can elaborate further on step 1 in your post. What do you mean by define a printer in Printer setup in OMW.Dalip
--------------------------
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=35113
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World« / XE mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards«

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT/Oracle, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

I tried the change to the ini file, but it then resulted in a lot of errors when other users tried to submit UBE's. Once the ini file was back without the offending line all was OK. Any ideas to overcome this problem.

Thanks

Just curious, when you changed the Enterprise Server jde.ini did you stop and restart services?