Portrait in Subsystem

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi List,

has anybody managed to produce output via a subsystem UBE with page orientation of Portrait. Sounds simple but we have tried everything here with no luck. The following has been tried:

1) Within RDA, print setup at Template level to select Portrait orientation.
2) Again at Template level but selecting Landscape within print setup(I did this because I noticed that Preview mode works incorrectly with the Landscape/Portrait settings - ie. when set in Landscape the Print Preview shows Portrait and vice versa).
3) Again at Template level but selecting paper size 'Custom' by checking the custom box and leaving the width and height as 210.00 and 297.00 respectively. Also tried again by modifying the width and height to lower or higher values.
4) Within report properties, advanced tab and setting on the custom box in addition to the above scenarios.
5) I have also tried submitting the subsystem job in 3 different ways (A)manually, (B)via Job Scheduler with a RUNUBE command and (C)via a report interconnect submitted from another UBE.

ALL of the above scenarios have also been tried by altering the print setup at Version design level. The version overrides are working as I have selected different printer destinations just to make sure and the output is coming out successfully but always in Landscape mode.

The subsystem record (F986113) is inserted via a BSFN in order to trigger the UBE subsystem version. I have copied most of the BSFN code from other standard JDE BSFN's and I cannot see any differences in the way the record is inserted which would explain the difficulty in printing portrait.

The layout is well within the portrait width and is a simple group section. As soon as I turn off the subsystem flag the UBE prints correctly in portrait with method (1) above (ie. simply setting the print setup to portrait within Template RDA design).

Please has anybody got any other ideas how to print in Portrait from a subsystem UBE???? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Holder

Xe SP14.1, as400 v4r5

Hi Andrew,
I am not familiar with subsystem UBEs, however I failed to see ANY reference to the UBE's VERSION.
My experience with Printer Orientation/Paper Size suggests that, in order to ensure Xe gets a valid Printer Setup these basic steps are to be considered:
1 - Select a valid OW printer (you may want to be sure the Enterprise Server is aware of it)
2 - Pass down, to the Version Level, the Printer Setup you apply at the Template Level (just in case, you never know)
3 - And of course, don't forget to deploy'em (Template & Versions:)
4 - Let the List know how it went.
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Hello Adrian,

thanks for the reply.

I have already tried what you have suggested. I am sorry if my post was not clear enough but the permutations that I have tried are difficult to document in a short(ish) mail. In summary I have deployed both UBE template and version level with varying combinations of print setup as defined within RDA (different printers, portrait, landscape, custom, paper sizes etc..) and all results are the same. Output is always landscape.

Again, as soon as I turn off the subsystem processing flag and run the UBE as a 'normal' job then the output does get succesfully printed in Portrait.

Regards

Andrew

Xe SP14.1, AS400 V4R5

Re: Portrait in Subsystem - FIXED!

Hi List,

FYI - this problem was SP related. We have just gone live on SP16.1 and the problem has now gone away.

Andrew Holder

Xe SP16.1, AS400 V4R5

Back