PM for CSMS

jde_guy14us

When using PM Backlog application (P12071) to create PM schedule for a CSMS item, the system creates a PM Work Order but does not copy the Customer & Site Number from the Installed Base to this Work Order.
Can anyone pl help me in getting it right?

Thanx

Have you checked the version of the R12807 program that the P12071 is calling when you click create WO? The version needs to be set to create the CSMS extensions.

Have you considered the possibility that it simpley doesn't work? I have also had a play around with PM Schedules with CSMS and found the integration somewhat limited. My experience was from last year on Xe and I know you were limited as to which Doc Type to use - it is hardcoded to "PM" I believe.

So don't expect to get the perfect Service Order out of PM's Check the SAR's on the KG and talk to Customer Support if you can. It might save you some time.

Just a thought - I hope it does work. Good luck.

I have done PM's for CSMS Installed Base for three clients without trouble. You are limited to Work Order document type WM, so WM must be set up as a CSMS document type. So long as you can accommodate this limitation, you should have no problem.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

As Joel has pointed out, i've given the version of R12807 which calls for creating CSMS extensions, including the 2 fields for Customer & Site number. But, it just does not populate those fields in the Service Order of type WM & U created. So whenever, we open the Service Order it shows those 2 fields with error, Blanks Invalid!
i'm attaching the screen shots of the relevant application. Pl check and let me know if i've done anything incorrect.
Currently we'r in JD Edwards 5, ERP 8 (B7334), base update.

Thanks & Regards
shriram

Attachments

• 65628-PM Work Order creation error.doc
    113.5 KB · Views: 106
You've stumped me. I haven't experience the problems you are having. The only other think I could suggest is to check and see if the customer and site number fields you are using have been set up as CSMS Customers in the address book. I'm not sure if this matters, but I have found in the past that CSMS problems related to address book usually stem from not having either the CSMS record set up for that address or not having an AP or AR record for that address. Try that and see if it helps.

i've just now checked it in the Pristine (JD7334) & Development environments (DV7334), where it works prefectly fine, but not in the TS7334 & PY7334 environments!!!
Should i just transfer the relevant objects from JD7334 to these?

Regards
shriram

Back