Password for spec files?

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,

I am trying to apply Update2 to a brand new installation. At one point of the installation P96470 does a TAM to TAM merge, from \\DEPSERVER\planner\package\XU2\spec to \\DEPSERVER\planner\spec. That´s where I am getting tons of errrors (in the jde.log) like

TAM: tamfopen \\riojd002\b7333\planner\package\xu2\spec\ddtabl.xdb error 1326-Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. WinErrNum=1326.

185/232 Thu Aug 16 08:34:30 2001 JDETAMIO.C286
TAM: tamfopen \\riojd002\b7333\planner\package\xu2\spec\ddtabl.xdb error 1326-Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. WinErrNum=1326.

185/232 Thu Aug 16 08:34:33 2001 JDETAMIO.C286

What could this be? What password does OW need for opening a TAM file? I am lost !

I have registered a call at R/L Denver. I even got the R/L team leader on the phone. All we could find out so far that this is a unique, very odd, never seen before, problem.

Has anyone of the Listers has seen this? We checked all the obvious like disk space, access permission on the NT file system, etc . We even suspected a bad CD but could not find that to be

You said you checked permissions, are you using security server?

If not, are the passwords for your user profile you are signed into OneWorld synchronised across the Dep Svr and Ent Svr. If you are not using JDE, does the system user profile exist on the Dep Svr as part of the Administrator group?

TAM requires no password.

Your path (\\DEPSERVER\planner\package\XU2\spec) looks extremely suspicious. The standard path should have "B7333" after \\DEPSERVER (i.e. \\DEPSERVER\B7333\planner\...). Because the "B7333" is not there, OW can't locate the TAM file and blows up.

To fix the problem, make sure that your pathcode master (f00942) for the planner enviroment has the "Share" value set to "B7333"

Cheers and good luck...

Back