Package Build Failing

Joel

Well Known Member
Hi,
I'm using Xe. Our ES is as400. Whenever we do a Package submit, it fails. The log shows
PKG0002306 - Unable to create directory \\AS400NT\B7333\DV7333\package\DV2801UCS\AS400V5R1M0\ and it does not exist

I faced a similar problem before: The local machine cannot identify the Deployment server name. How should we make this entry ???? Earlier it was resolved by our networking dept. Can CNC resolve it ?

Can your Deployement Server ping the Enterprise Server ?
Is the hosts file of your Deployement Server correctly configured to resolve the Enterprise Server name ?
Have you corretly set up all shared drives ?
Regards,

If the local machine cannot see the deployment server, then usually its a DNS issue and has to be fixed by a network person. perform 'PING deployment server' or NSLOOKUP from the DOS prompt to see if this is the case. Otherwise, if it is the client package that is failing, it could also be NT security not allowing the network user id building the package create a directory on the deployment server.

However, is it the client package that fails (R9621) or the server package (R9622)? I've seen that message on the server package build when security was changed on the IFS and the OneWorld user did not have authority to add a directory on the As/400. the Package Build kernel logs in this case usually give you an AS/400 message id that you can find.

Hi,
The Client Compression is a success however Objects shows "Not Built". The Server fails in Both.

Back