P41202 - problems with my availability

rcandeo

Well Known Member
We are having problems with the item availability in our stock. Many times the system get crazy and begins to show an availability that is not real. This happens when we ship the item but the system "forgets" to update the F41021 file correctly.
The only way to correct that is running R42995, but this is a work around.
Does anyone knows a way to prevent this to happen?

Have you modified P4205 (ship confirmation)... is it confirming shipments or
issuing out of inventory (through Inventory Issues or Inventory Adjustments)
that seem to cause your issue?

The only way to correct that is running R42995, but this is a work around.
Does anyone knows a way to prevent this to happen?

We have been running the R42995 every 30 minutes for the last 3 years for this very reason. We have yet to identify a consistant cause for F41021 Commitment inconsistencies, but the R42995 cleans them up nicely. A couple of important points:
- Never try to clean commitments and repost future orders with the same version of R42995. This causes lots of commitment problems.
- If there are no orders for a specific Item/Branch, the R42995 will not clean up the commitments. We used to fix this by placing a "dummy" order for 1 of each item, but now we have written a UBE that does this.

Cheers.... Grant Harding NZ

Hi Robson

Your issue could be caused by 'errors' during transaction processing. When this is the case you can use P42210 to find if there are still records in the workfile (F41021WF) which is used to commit changes to the F41021 and roll back the transactions (there is also UBE R42210 through which you can roll back transactions).

One of my clients (on Oracle) had this issue recently. There is a post with some suggested solutions titled 'Commit Fails in P4205' dated March 5.

Another quick word of warning: Not only your committments may be incorrect. You may also have integrity issues between F41021 and F4111/F0911. I suggest to run R41542 and R41544 and monitor inventory integrity closely.

Finally, there are quite a few Knowledge Garden documents with some more info on transaction processing. Try ODS-01-0124 and ODS-01-0026 for a start.

Good luck,

Wow! You run repost every 30 minutes? Do you ever run into any issues because of that? We haven't had the courage to try that because the possibility of corrupting availablity even more since we'd be 'chasing a moving target'.

We did create a report to look for any odd values such as negative commitments, etc and we'll run repost for single items quickly. Since we are coexistent we've also found that repost runs much more quickly out of World.

Some of the causes for availability we've found so far are:

-Entering an order for an obsolete item typically creates a negative commitment for us. Since the item is obsolete anyway this doesn't really matter too much.

-Kit processing issues. Usually it's user-related as they try to mess around with kits in P4210.

-The biggest reason we've found is from crashes while entering orders in P4210.

Hi Grant, can you send me a file with the ER for this UBE you´ve built?
Thank You,
Robson

Back