P0801CMP Calculation difference...

pbare

Well Known Member
Has anyone ever noticed a rounding issue with the salary being calculated on P0801CMP?

My users have noticed that for Employees that are Exception Hourly, they enter in the Hourly Rate and the Std Hrs/year but for different employees, they get a different Annual Salary

eg. All employees have the hourly rate of 37.013 (on the screen) and the Std Hrs/year = 2080

For Employee 1 - Annual Salary = 37.013 * 2080 = 76,987.04
For Employee 2 - Annual Salary = 37.0125 * 2080 = 76,986.00
For Employee 3 - Annual Salary = 37.0129 * 2080 = 76,987.00

Again the screen and the table all show the 37.013 but the salaries are calculating incorrectly. The value calculated for Employee 1 is what should be calculated for all employees with these values.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I suspect that someone has changed the data decimals for one of your hourly rate fields in HR/Payroll. There are a number of "rate" fields that are suppose to all have the same number of data decimals and as delivered by JDE/Oracle are set to three positions. All results fields (rate times hours) are set to two decimals.
Ask Oracle support for the list of HR/PR rate fields that are all suppose to be synchronized to the same data decimals. It seems to me that there are eight or ten.

Back