P01RS01 / 002 Anyone know anything about it?

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
There's an APPL in JDE called P01RS01 nd it calls P01RS002

It's for exporting out tasks/menus etc into excel, making mass amendments, then importing them back in again into E1

Last time someone did that here they disabled everyones OK buttons.

So my question is, is this APPL dangerous, does anyone know exactly what it does, what tables it can effect and should I stay away from it?

If I do stayt away, what alternatives do they have?

Thanks

John

John,

Looks like Oracle/JDE still has the application, after seven years....

One of our developers used the P01RS01, yesterday - and it disabled Action Security (just like you said) =D

Looking through the code, it looks like it will create an All-Doors-Closed Action Security (*Public, *All) if the user (or system) does not already have an Action Security record.

I deleted the newly created action security record - and life went on as normal, until the developer imported more tasks (and was ready, this time).

Apparently - you can find out more: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Configuration Utilities Guide

Let the world be warned - P01RS01 / P01RS002 can completely lock your system (I mean COMPLETELY)....

EDIT: I did find Oracle's "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Configuration Utilities Guide"
- and it states, "If the role *PUBLIC does not exist, the system generates security records for *PUBLIC that removes security for all roles."

(db)

Last edited:
Back