Override Printer Selection Screen

anishshetty

Hi ,

I need to auto launch a UBE on the ok button click of an interactive application . If we directly call the UBE from the interactive application it shows the printer selection screen (P986162) where the user needs to press ok .

One way to avoid this is to
1. Write a NER or C BSFN call the report from the BSFN
2. Call the BSFN from the application.

I would like to know if there is any other way of suppressing the Printer Selection ( P986162 )screen directly .

----------------------------------
E811 Toolset 8.95
----------------------------------

Hi,

LaunchBatchApplication BSFN already existes in EOne (B91300C) which will just launch the UBE without the Prompts.

It needs the Report name, Version and other parameters for logging which can be set to 'o'.

Hope this helps,

Siram Visvanathan
EnterpriseOne 8.10 AS/400 Db2/400 & MS SQL Server

Hi "Anishshetty"

This mod does not prevent the application form being called. Instead it just presses the OK button when accessed (Post dialog):

// ** Example Solution to output immediate
If FI cMode is not equal to "2"
If FI szPrinter_Physical_Device_ is equal to "\\enterprise\wh_labelany"
FC Copies#2 = "2"
FC Print Immediate = "1"
Press Button(HC &OK)
Else
If FI szPrinter_Physical_Device_ is equal to "\\deployment\cstream"
Press Button(HC &OK)
End If
End If

As a result the user will never see the printer selection screen. As an added bonus you can also set the Print immediate flag.

Hope this helps

Hi ,

Thanks for your help . The problem with this solution is one would require to customise the P986162 application . I was looking for a solution which could be done without customising P986162 .

We have this issue as well. We are trying to run a UBE without the user having to check the print immediate field. I'm not sure what customization needs to be done in this P986162. Any more of an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Carol

Hi Anish,

The only 2 options to your problems are:

1. You know it yourself i.e. by creating a NER. Calling NER from Interactive and then the Batch from the NER.
2. Again, the answer is given by Siram to your post which is by using the BSFN - B91300C. But, the only issue with this BSFN is that you cannot pass any RI values to it. But, the good thing is that you can pass the Job Queue in which this has be run.

Hope rest all is fine with you.

Best Regards,

Mithun

I am using this bsfn B91300C and it is working fine in my fat client but when deployed to DV its not working because i am passing "szDataSourceOverride" as blank and this is giving error as

Data Source Override has been passed in as blank - cannot fetch server name.
--UBE--[6]-- Call to obsolete API jdeLaunchUBEEx. Use jdeLaunchUBEEx2.

How should i pass dynamic server name value ??

"
In the C source of B91300C, API jdeHostName is called to populate szHostName if szDataSourceOverride is blank/null (API jdeGetHostName returns the hostname of the machine running the code).
Most standard business functions using the UBE-API do not populate szHostName but B91300C does. Hence it is required to pass in the batch server name to szDataSourceOverride if the UBE is to be submitted to different server other than the server running the bsfn.
"
What that means basically is that if your UBEs run on a different server than them one your BSFNs run on then you need to pass the host name of the UBE server.

Back