OS/400 compiler question, can you check?

fortylove

List, our server build takes 22 hours and I can see 4 concurrent builds under QBATCH which has 2GB of RAM. I was trying to make sure our compiler was current on OS/400 and IBM said the ILE C++ compiler is option 52 of the the Licensed Program Product 5722WDS. When I go to licpgm and look at what's installed I do not see option 52 under 5722WDS or anywhere else on our system. We are OS/400 V5R2. Does E1 use the ILE C++ compiler (option 52) when building the server on OS/400 and if not what option number and Licensed Program Product does it use?

Would appreciate your help, thank-You,

iseries 400, V5R2, 8.11 8.94.E1

Our system has both the C++ and C compilers, but I believe that E1 uses the ILE C compiler (Option 51 of 5722WDS).

I just tried to confirm this in the MTR document, but as ever can't find them on the PS website.

lofty

The best way I have seen to find the MTR's on the newly changed KG, is to click on the Site Map, then "M" and click on Minimum Technical Requirements.

There you will find that the iSeries really only uses the ILE/C compiler (Option 51). A Windows Enterprise Server asks for the MS Visual C++.

I am including a portion of this MTR - in case you still have problems.

Hope this helps,

Kristian

Attachments

• 92108-MTR PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne.doc
    110.5 KB · Views: 312
OS/400 ILE C, how is this possible?

Thank-you for your replies. I understand that the ILE C compiler is required to build BSFN's on the 400. When I display INSTALLED Licenced Program Products I can see that option 51 ILE C+ compiler (and option 52 ILE C++ compiler) are not installed under LPP 5722WDS.

How is it possible then that our BSFN are compiling? Is the ILE C compiler installed under a different LPP for OS/400 V5R2?

thanks in advance.

Re: OS/400 ILE C, how is this possible?

fortylove: Press the F11 key a few times and you will see which options are installed. If it's compiling then you have the right compiler. As for 22 hours, that sounds like the amount for the full client and server build.

Re: OS/400 ILE C, how is this possible?

Fortylove,

I just checked our 400 here, and the status of 5722WDS 51/52 is *COMPATIBLE. We are on V5R3M0 2-way i570. Full client server builds take 7-9 hours with a MAXACTIVE of 6 in our package build queue. One of the easiest ways to determine if option 51/52 was installed is to look for the QSYSINC library that gets installed when the option is.

Chris

Back