Original Object Management Configuration

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

We are changing the number and configuration of our environments. This will take us towards a more "normal" configuration. Everthing is OK, except I wish to reset our Object Managament Configuration (OMC) to the standard as shipped set up. Our current OMC was done a number of years ago and I cannot locate the copy of the original OMC. Does anyone have and can provide me with a copy of the standard OMC for Xe as shipped. What I need is the standard, as shipped, contents of F98223, F98224, F98225 and F98230 tables. I have requested this from Oracle, but they are unable to help.

Hi Peter,

You may want to import the tables from your deploment server from this path \\<deploymentserver>\B7333\PLANNER\DATA\jdeplan.mdb or if you dont have your jdeplan.mdb, you can get from your deployment installation cd and then import...

Hello,
You can do a process called Load Demo data (some people call it as pristene data). But when you run that process, make sure you run it only for the 3-4 tables you have listed. Otherwise, your production data will be screwed up.

Karthik Iyer

In your post you refer to OMC, but the tables you reference are OMW tables, so I'll assume you are wanting to 'reset' OMW and the activity and transfer rules back to original. It is possible that these tables have not been altered in the planner DB on the deployment server. If so, you can simply perform table copies (after making backup copies of course). I would also suggest that a development freeze be instituted, and all projects have been moved into production prior to making this change. Since by 'whacking' all the rules and OMW settings, you will invalidate statuses and even the existing save location pointers, so I'd want to be sure that nothing existing is out there to get screwed up.

If there is reason to believe that the tables in the planner DB have been altered, you should be able to get a fresh copy of the planner DB off the original installation CD's for the Deployment Server.

maranbe,

Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look at the PLANNER database.

Karthik,

Thanks for you reply. I did not actually want to load this information into our database, just see what it is. Our Pristine environment shares these tables with all the other environments so unfortunately that won't help. Bu thanks anyway.

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Firstly, I clear up some misunderstandings. I wrote OMC (Object Management Configuration) as that is the fastpath command to the OMW setup application. However you assumption is basically correct, though I do not want to reset the actual tables, but use the information in reconfiguring the OMW setup for our changed system.

The planner DB on the deployment server is a good idea, I'll look at that. You are also correct with regard to the development freeze. We have had that in place since we started our system shake up. I had no intention of "'whacking' all the rules and OMW settings." I was aware, as you warn, that could really screw things up.

Thanks also for the tip for getting a fresh planner DB from the Deployment Server Installation CD.

maranbe, Jim,

Thank you both for your PLANNER DB suggestion. The tables I wanted had not changed and it will suit my purposes well.

Back