OneWorld Printers - not working

pduncan

pduncan

(extreme newby here so please excuse my ignorance)...

We use an older version of OneWorld (B7734). One of our branch locations recently moved. Evidently some printers were re-addressed w/ new IP's. Now, nobody at this location can print directly from JDE. They can print by opening the report in Adobe, but some like to print immediate.

In the modify printers application (P98616) it appears that there is no setting for IP, and the names of the printers on the new print server all appear to be consistent with the names on the old (and what was set in JDE). Any ideas what is wrong?

Also - I tried to add a new printer but had some problems. When setting up a new printer you are prompted for a location - where does this come from? Are there settings ties to this in another table/application?

Also - When adding a new printer - (NTSERVER, laser, Post Script) although I ahave defined the default page type, it wont let me save... the grid where you define the paper type, size and default type - it adds an extra blank line at the bottom and the default cell is red. What am I doing wrong?

[OneWorld release B7334, SP 22, windows platform w/ oracle back end]

Attachments

• 131530-printer screenshot.JPG
    131530-printer screenshot.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 109
Have you tried to setup the printers using the Custom configuration and the select PDF for the option?

IN Xe SP22 (B7333)

Locations come from SYS7333.F986163 where PCPTOC='W'. Records get added as you create the printer capabilities.

When you set up a default paper you need to set 1 in the Default column for the default paper type and 0 for any other paper type available on the printer - blank in that column apparently means I've gone to the trouble of enterimg this paper type but its not even on the printer.

When you say print directly do you mean the JDE print immediate functionality?

Hi,

As far as I know, JDE doesn't print to its printers via
IP addresses, it does it via shares like \\server\printer.

So, that's probably the cause JDE is no longer recognizing
your printer : it's no longer attached to the original
print server or no longer reachable thru the WAN.

So, either you keep the printer attached to the old
print server or you create a new printer that reflects
the current topology.

Location is just a comment, you can type "ClubMed",
"Basement", "DeepInSnow" or whatever you like.

Finally, once you're done entering the last row on the
paper definition grid, don't press Enter at the end.
Just press OK to save the info!

Back