One View icons not visiable in JDE applications

tlwalker3

Hi List,
We just installed BI Publisher and setup the One View reports in JDE. However, when the users sign-in they do not see the OVR icons in the applications. I've gone though all the settings, softcodes, feature authorization records, BI permissions, etc. I did find a post in the Oracle Community boards from someone having the same issue on the same tools release, 9.1.3.2. They stated that the icon is visible if they login to a web server running 9.1.3.1.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any suggestions on what it could be?

Server/DB: Windows 2008/SQL 2008
JDE: 9.1.3
TR: 9.1.3.2
WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.6.0
Oracle BI Publisher 11.1.1.7.0 (build:20130303.1415)
Web Browser: IE 10.0.9200.16686

Hi Tim,

I finally resolved this issue for our installation today. Turns out if you are using the masking in the softcode record and you have a special character in the password, you won't see the icons. Took over a month working with Oracle support and I believe they are entering it as a bug. We do see the icons if we don't use the masking.

Pam

Hi Pam,

BI Publisher does not accept the $ in password.
So, if you use $ for the BI user which you are using to map OVR, then it will not work.

Regards,
Ankur

Hi List,
We were able to figure out the issue. When you enter the password in the masked field on the softcoding record, you have to do it from the web client, not a fat client. When I entered the password from a fat client, it acks like the password was saved, but in reviewing the tables, it was not. Oracle said this was a new issue and created a bug for it, but I seem to remember this issue being in 9.0 a couple of years ago when I setup RSS. I hope this helps if you are having the same issue.

Back