ODA ODBC driver behavior with respect to display decimals

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

When using the ODA ODBC driver to access JDE data , are display decimals supposed to display correctly ? For example GLAA field in F0911 could have the value 47474.78 when viewed thru UTB or the application screen , but when directly queried on the Database using native SQL it would be 4747478.

My question is when queried using the ODA driver , should I expect to see 4747478 or 47474.78

I am currently seeing it as 4747478. I thought that the ODA would convert according to the display decimal of the DD item but that does not seem to be happening

This is an ERP 8.0 system , SP22_Q1 , AS/400 V5R2

Any thoughts / ideas much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I never really thought about that. We use the ODA in Access for users and we have always had to handle the decimals by dividing by 100, 1000...

We really didn't know what we should have about JDE 7 years ago and didn't really question it.

Turns out it is just a setting in the ODA ODBC driver configuration. I actually did try various settings , but did not close out of everything so it was not refreshing.

If you make sure that the option "Convert Currency Values" (Refer attached screen shot) is checked , then the ODA will display the decimals properly for numeric fields that have a display decimal per JDE DD.

Nicely done! Now the issue is the hundreds of queries that I would have to change out there in users databases. I'll probably put that on the list of projects when I have "free time". It is good to know about the option though.

Back