Object Alias

Larry has an enormous amount of experience - thus, he is lying and attempting to entrap (db) into a lengthly discussion...

Frankly, I don't know why organizations keep a truly 'Pristine' Environment - however, every organization I've worked with keeps a PS and it is 'usually' the original code-base the system was installed with. Usually includes all the ESU(s), up to the date of Go Live... and nothing post-Go-Live. I'm guessing that some motor-head in administration gave the commandment that Pristine is " " and that's the way it is going to be (and the troops don't question). Another 'guess' would be that Pristine is being honored as 'whatever the consulting agency sold us - minus the customizations'...

Personally - I would rather see Pristine as a set of all ESU(s), Updates, Patches, Fixes and... that have been applied to Production - with ABSOLUTELY NO Modifications. Without PS being in sync with Production - it really serves no productive service, after the litigation with the Consulting Arm that did the initial install
grin.gif

Gettin back on my horse and trotting my southbound means, eastbound!

(db)

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed with very interesting points of views. I truly appreciate the input since it helped clarify my doubt on this issue.

Regards.

Back