No IBM Optim experts here?

johnman

I was hoping to find a handful of IBM Optim experts here in the Third Party Applications Forum but didn't find any. I wish to start one but I just started working with Optim and ain't that good yet. by the way Optim is an Archiving tool and supports JDE Modules.

IBM employee Steve Boyd can talk to you about Optim. He told me that "Optim supports the IBM System i (iSeries), but also supports MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc. That makes a strong statement to its ability to work across an enterprise by offering portability to all open platforms
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/data-management/optim-solutions/jdedwards.html
Steve Boyd
Data Services Sales Rep
IBM
2345 Grand Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
816-447-4677 (mobile)
You can get Steve's email at:
http://www.ibm.com/contact/employees/us/

Just because we don't talk about it doesn't mean we're not here! My firm has been working with Optim since it was still Princeton Softech and (according to our sales people!) we're one of the largest implementers of Optim in North America. I'm on an Optim Decommissioning project now and will be on another one when this one is done, all different apps and all different databases.

Sales stuff aside, let me know if you have questions about the product itself. If there's enough interest maybe we can see about requesting an Optim forum.

Cheers,
Matt

great! Thanks a lot for offering your help. I am currently implementing Optim for my client on iseries and went thru so many issues. Now i know where to look up when i need help.
smile.gif

Greetings Matt! wow its great to hear that a veteran optim expert is here in these forums. As i mentioned I'm a Optim newbie with JDE Technical background. I dont know how may users are required to start a dedicated forum here on Optim but lets see.

To start with, I'm implementing 6 modules on iseries and the client wants the deleted data to be restored onto a new jde env. Now to verify the restoration, the related tables in the module(Archived but not deleted) needs to be mapped to the source env. Eventually this becomes a hassle for the CNC when we try to restore and verify 6 modules. Is there any other solution for this? Hope you understand the issue and pls correct if I'm wrong.

I'm looking forward and would much appreciate your valuable reply/inputs. Thanks!

P.S. - Apologies for a long post.

Back