Next Number Skipping

Radjammin2

This is a real pain to troubleshoot. I have a AB NN skipping after a recent project deployment. It wasn't noticed until several months afterwards. Anyone have a trick to find the problem Application? I tried a SQL trace and a table trigger audit table on the F0002, neither have been very successfull. Even tried monitoring the NN and determing a pattern. This really feels like a common issue. I thought I would ask if any of you have suggestions. I also put in a SAR for all releases to add Aduit to the F0002, which should have already had this option and if it did I wouldn't be having to do so much work....!
cool.gif

Rad,

Some processes update NN, just to do a validation.

You might try looking for some Hay in a Mine-Field approach. Turn on logging and sift through the logs for the NN table update sql statement. The log may be deep, if you are looking for that one particle of straw.

Unless you can capture the update within a limited time frame - you might have some real digging on your hands.

(db)

Usually when the NN skips it means that somebody has put a checkmark in the 'Check Digit Used' field. Another possibility is that the NN Constant got changed from Method 0 to Method 1 or Method 2. Try checking that first.

If you know after which deployment the problems started, check the applications in that project. Probably someone had put an AN8 on the screen from the data dictionary and forgot to disable the next numbering on the override dictionary properties.
In some releases there was also this problem on two forms in application P07620.

regards,
Walter.

Hi Walter,

[ QUOTE ]
Probably someone had put an AN8 on the screen from the data dictionary and forgot to disable the next numbering on the override dictionary properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost sure, that you are right.

Regards,

Zoltán

P07620 is a good guess I will check tommorrow.

The best I could find on the Knowledge Jungle was either to turn on the entire CRM module (not my first choice)
or add a table trigger to the F0002 in JDE, not sql.
That way I can get the Form name that is doing the update.
At first the support tech was like try taking every ESU possible, and cross my fingers. I was like, "I am the CNC, not a fortune teller" I asked for a tangable way to discover the NN skipping.

They then gave the table trigger idea, which I liked. I haven't seen the results yet. I tried a SQL trigger but it just didn't get much. Just the service account name and the line updated, before and after.
I will keep you guys updated.

Sure would be nice if F0002 had the audit columns, right?

Update, the JDE Table Triggger with a Audit Log Table found the Custom App causing the NN. Developer is in process of correcting. The field was initiallizing AB NN.

Hi Rad,

We are experiencing the same problem with the NN skipping. Can you tell me how you captured the form name in the trigger?

Thank you,
-Mark
XE sp23 win sql2005

We have the same problem here with Next Number skipping of address book. We have created an Oracle Service Request and they asked us to check our custom programs. So we are trying table trigger but there seems not a way to capture program ID. At least we see the username so we would need to talk with the user and find out what transaction he/she just did.

Hi all,

We had same trouble on E1 8.12. After several weeks we found, that source is not our custom program, but standard P42290. There is hidden AN8 field, where is not disabled next numberring. When form is open, than AB number is consumed.

Ejsan

Back