New Company set up?

jrustom

I am working at a client that has an interesting challenge. They are using JDE73 and they have products that they sell in Canada. They want to introduce a new line of products which they want to keep separate from the current system. By separate, i mean the monies, it can't be kept in the system because the vendor is in the states and is merely using the this canadian company to ship. We were brainstorming on how to setup JDE to allow for this and we considered using a separate division for this new line and at order entry time, track the sales differently. Since these products can exist for multiple customers, there is only three customers that they need to keep sales out of the current system. This would mean a great deal of programming changes with table maintenance and all that kind of stuff. Then i had a thought that why not set up a separate company in JDE. You can have the same products purchase through that new company that the old company sells but the monies can be handled differently.
Thougts?

Set up a new account number to track sales for these products and make it subledger # required. Set up a subledger #for each product. As the product is invoiced, charge the appropriate subledger number. This will split sales by product line and add some nice reporting features. Just a thought without knowing for sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Back