New CNC

RickReynolds

I am a new CNC administrator and am having difficulties finding information to help in learning this area. As usual Oracle classes are out of the question due to "budget cuts". I would appreciate any help.

Here's a link to the documentation page. You'll want to look at the tools guides and in there you'll see and Administration tab. It's a starting point.

But honestly if you brand new and there's no one to show you the ropes I would try to convince management to bring in a consultant to do some onsite training with you. CNC covers such a wide range of topics that it's hard to just pick one and focus in on it.

Hi,

Have you tried googling "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne-The Complete Reference" pdf...

Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
I am a new CNC administrator and am having difficulties finding information to help in learning this area. As usual Oracle classes are out of the question due to "budget cuts". I would appreciate any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick

If you are charged with the responsibility of administering JDE, you need the tools. Training is the best tool. OU (and select business partners) offer a five day Sys Admin Accelerated class. That class covers basic terminology, security, sys admin tasks, troubleshooting and more. Coming out of that class, you will have reference material, a broad understanding of what it is to be a CNC, and most importantly, a week's worth of knowledge and experience from an experienced CNC administrator.

The other links and references mentioned in this thread are also important tools to reference. But this job requires a solid foundation in order to succeed. I would suggest pushing hard to get in to a class. Put it to your boss this way, if your system goes down (and it will, they all do at some point), it costs your company money in lost productivity for every minute that the system is down. Multiply that across the number of JDE users, and the costs add up quickly. If your system is down, you can't take orders, bill customers, pay bills, puchase materials, schedule maintenance and manufacturing jobs and a host of other business activities. Even if people can do some of those activities manually, they will have to go back later and enter the transactions into JDE. It is to your company's best interest to give you the tools you need to do the job well.

- Gregg

Dang...a week to learn...here I've spent the last 15 years trying to learn and still learn something new every day...do you have the name of that course so I can take it and retire?
grin.gif

Back