NER DS elements missing in BSSV VO wizard in JDeveloper

dpanwar

Hi All,

I had created a new NER and Data Structure. In JDeveloper, when I referenced the NER DS the first time, it JITI'ed it and got all the elements in the structure. The BSSV was developed and tested successfully.

Now, after I modified the DS to add more elements at the end of the structure, when I go the JDeveloper and open say a new BSFN Value Object wizard, the system does not JITI or get the latest specs of the DS and the new elements are missing. Even if I ignore the wizard and manually type the code for the new elements to initialize them and pass input values to them, I am getting an error in the output XML saying that those elements are not part of the input parameters of the NER.

I am not able to find any documentation on how to make the JDeveloper show the latest specs of the data structure. There could be a very simple solution to this, but I am not able to get it. Experts - Please help!

Its a version 8.12, 8.98 on SQL Server 2005, JDeveloper 10.1.2.4.0

Hi Dharamveer,
this looks like there is a spec mismatch. Did your checkin you NER and DSTR?
When you are testing, do you use the local oc4j(1) or a WebServer (2)?
(1) You may have to delete and recreate the genereated J2EE webservice test classes, wsdl etc. and regenerate it.
(2) Did you build and deployed an Update Package for the NER and DSTR?

Hope that helps,
best regards,
Carsten

JDeveloper reads the specs from the serialized object tables in your local database, so do a Generate HTML from OMW and restart JDeveloper to sort the problem out.

Thanks for the replies guys and I apologize for the late response.

Carsten,
The DS and the BSFN are deployed on the server as well as the client I am working on and I am using the local OC4J. The J2EE web service was deleted and new one created, but it does the same thing, in fact, even if I try to create a new VO for some other new custom BSSV, the new elemnts are not visible.

jdelist14,
The web generation of the objects didnt help either.

I am having a hard time figuring out where does the JDeveloper stores the specs/structure of a BSFN DSTR when it JITI it the first time the object is referenced from JDeveloper. After that point, even if you make changes to that object structure, it will not automatically JITI it and will not show the new elements.

Please share if you have other ideas.

Thanks!

Hi

I solved the problem generating the java persistent object table F989999 for the enviroment Local-DV910

best regards

Last edited:
Back