Need To have every sales order entered into JDE be backOrdered

ricky

hi, everyone:
I currently have a situation where users want the system to backorder all new orders even if there is inventory available & let backorder release batch job R42118
allocate the inventory sorted by priority, due date, order date etc so older orders get new inventory added instead of newly entered orders.
default location for sales order line is DEF, and there is always QTY on that location. we thought about changing the default location to a different location w/o any QTY, but then would hardcommit that location for every line.. user don't like that.

do you know if there is any standard solution? or similar experience?
thanks

Ricky,

It sounds like you may be barking up the wrong tree slightly here. First thing I would try and address the business requirement without the users suggesting how to deliver this to them in JDE (i.e. putting everything on backorder). From this point I would then look at all your options in JDE - if as you suggest it is oldest order entered first, then the system already handles this without any changes - if this is 'priority based' then you may consider a different order type for urgent/high priority orders that bypass the check availability etc etc. Hope this help a little! Doogie.

thanks for the reply, Doogie.
the situation is we are in a special industry, we get all orders & enter all of them into system ,daily before 3PM,then after that, we release the backorder based on lots of condictions, UserPriority/uservolumns/userOrderHistory/etc... we had customize backorder release UBE to address that, the remaining issue is how to put every-order-entried into system and put them on back-ordered,without affecting the inventory availability afterward.

we are on ERP80 ,SP23.

Hi Ricky,

I get what you mean.. off the top of my head the only thing I can think of at the moment is that you have an additional status code step after order entry which is then used to process another UBE that puts every orderline onto backorder before you get to the customised release step. Obviously some lines may already be backordered from the beginning, so your UBE would have to consider these kind of things. Sorry I can't help more - maybe someone else will have a better solution for you. BRgds Doogie.

Hello Ricky,

Do you have some reason that prevents you from putting every order on hold
rather than on backorder? Do you have some need that requires you to use the
backorder functionality rather than just an across-the-board order hold?

Russell Karnap

In a message dated 11/17/2008 10:29:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

Hi Ricky,

I get what you mean.. off the top of my head the only thing I can think of
at the moment is that you have an additional status code step after order
entry which is then used to process another UBE that puts every orderline onto
backorder before you get to the customised release step. Obviously some lines
may already be backordered from the beginning, so your UBE would have to
consider these kind of things. Sorry I can't help more - maybe someone else will
have a better solution for you. BRgds Doogie.

Hi Ricky,

Have you tried placing a dummy order in the system that commits ALL of your stock forever? - this would force ALL other orders on Back Order as desired.

It does move the problem to your Availability figure being understated, but that may not be insurmountable (e.g Enter the dummy order into Commitment Other 2, change Availability calc to include Other 2 and get the users to compare Soft/Hard Commits to On-Hand when checking availability [Note: the current process you explained suggests that the system check of availability may not mean much if you are overriding the sequence of deliveries later on anyway]?)

Hope this helps.

thanks you for all the reply,
as I mentioned,the situation is we are in a special industry, FMCG to be exact, we get all orders & enter all of them into system on a daily base,then after that,say at 5PM, we commit all available inventory to those orders based on lots of condictions, any order does not get committed Inventory would be cancelled & tomorrow customer may re-order,with same QTY or different. the key issue is how we could put every new orders on back-ordered.. our current options are:

1) change P4210 order entry BSFN B4200310,B4200311 to do these: bypassing the inventry commite. always backorder the sales order.

2) change the primary location of all item to a 'Dummy location" , and it would always have Zero QTY on hand. so when sales order entry, it would be pulled out as the default location ,and get backorder. in this solution. we may need to change shipconfirm procedure as well .

3) build custom UBE to decommit every sales orderline have not cut pickticket yet,put them back to 900/539 status everytime before R42118 run, and then they would be recommitted and advanced status by R42118 accordingly.

I think I may get some great idea from list.

thanks again.

Ricky

Hi.

Or as said, put every order on a custom hold code and at 4:55 run the Release backorders with this hold code to release and commit this orders (as it where a partial hold)

this should work

Back