Need some help with Search and Select form.

pbare

Well Known Member
I have created a Search and Select form that I was hoping to use as Visual Assist on one of my other forms.

I have the form being called and the expected data is being displayed on the form... my issue is when I return to the calling form.

I want to display a field that is not the key on the calling form.

On the Select Button of the Search and Select screen, I have added the following line of code:
FI szStatutory_Code = GC Stat Code

I must be missing something else however because the value that is being displayed on my grid is not the stat code.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pam

Hi Pam,
I'm a bit confused...
On your S&S, you have a Grid Column called Stat Code? It appears you're doing what you need to pass it back to your calling app via the assignment to the FI.

Now: are you doing anything in the calling app AFTER the visual assist has been called? In order to use passed values other than the key value from a S&S form, you need to override the default behavior of the visual assist.

in the Visual Assist Button Clicked event:
- Suppress Default VA Form
- call your S&S form using form interconnect
- map the FI values to your FC's (or GC's)

Hi,
In the search&select form datastructure, remove all items and add Alias(Dictionary Item) of required field as FI variable which you want .Then in select post button clicked assign GC value of your field to FI value.Then attach this form in visual assist you will get your required value.

Thanks&Regards,
Srinivas Kasturi

Hi,
Just do the below following steps:
1. In column Overrides just override the visual assist.
2. In Visual Assist Button clicked event call the S&S form and change the data structure of the form with required column (take DD item)
3. Pass the GC column to the FI value to retrieve the value back to the calling form.

Thanks,
Sudhakar
E1 Developer

Back